Instructions: Using all the knowledge learned in the previous lessons, identify the words in bold as a verb, noun, pronoun, adjective, or adverb in the following sentences.
1. Did you see the oil well in Canada? Most of us have not been there.
2. I do my assignments well. Jeff is also fast and efficient.
3. Mother drives too fast. Surely she should drive better.
4. This isn't a long diet. Maybe you should fast more often.
5. Have you been here long? Did you come by the back way?
6. I often long for the good old days of the '50's.
7. State Street heads south, the most direct route.
8. Citizens, on most summer days we have a south wind each evening.
9. I once lived in the South. Our family still goes back for visits.
10. This highway is a better road than the dirt one.
--For answers scroll down.
1. well = noun, most = pronoun
2. well = adverb. fast = adjective
3. fast = adverb, better = adverb
4. this = pronoun, long = adjective, fast = verb
5. long = adverb, back = adjective
6. long = verb
7. south = adverb, most = adverb
8. most = adjective, south = adjective
9. South = noun, back = adverb
10. this = adjective, better = adjective